Journals LibraryNHS NIHR - National Institute for Health Research
School for Social Care Research
The NIHR School for Social Care Research (SSCR) was established in May 2009, and extended for a further five years from May 2014, to develop the evidence base to inform and improve adult social care practice in England. SSCR commissions and carries out world-class research across broad themes encompassing the wide range of care and support that is available to and used by adults; the diversity of services and service providers of adult social care; and care and support provided through and with unpaid care, communities, self-care and self-funded care.
- Health and wellbeing consequences of social isolation in old age
- Liberty, equality, capacity: The impact of the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards on human rights and social care practice
- Managing change in social care: A review for practitioners and managers
- Overcoming barriers: Unpaid care and employment in England
- The TARA Project: A longitudinal study of the service needs of homeless women