Journals LibraryNHS NIHR - National Institute for Health Research
News from the Journals Library
NIHR Journals Library showcases new reports
Date: 25 August 2015
We’re pleased to announce that two additional selections of published NIHR research are now available on the NIHR Journals Library website.
These new additions showcase final reports from the NIHR Horizon Scanning Research & Intelligence Centre (HSRIC) and NIHR schools, in addition to the existing Cochrane Programme Grants.
These can be found within the 'other NIHR research' section of our website.
The Cochrane Programme Grants research already provides results from the open, researcher-led scheme run every three years, with projects covering a multitude of health and research areas, from dementia to cardiovascular disease, public health & prevention to organisation of care in the NHS.
The NIHR HSC aims to supply timely information to key policy- and decision-makers and research funders within the English NHS about emerging health technologies that may have a significant impact on patients or the provision of health services in the near future. Its main technology-based reports are its technology briefings and alerts.
Our three national research schools: the School for Primary Care Research (SPCR), the School for Public Health Research (SPHR), the School for Social Care Research (SSCR), represent a unique collaboration between leading academic centres in England and aim to:
- increase and develop the evidence base for practice in the primary care, public health and adult social care sectors respectively
- contribute to ongoing efforts to build research capacity in their respective sectors
- improve research awareness in their respective sectors
- ensure knowledge exchange and impact are embedded within their processes and studies
- create a ‘critical mass’ of research expertise and funding through co-ordinated and collaborative working across England.
The reports include links to peer-reviewed journal articles and follow varying editorial, production and publication models, which differ to NIHR Journals Library reports.
To browse the latest reports, visit our other NIHR research page.