Journals LibraryNHS NIHR - National Institute for Health and Care Research
It is expected that you will submit a complete report, taking care to ensure that content and presentation are to the highest possible standard on submission.
Before you submit your final report please ensure that you have completed the necessary forms:
- ICMJE Disclosure of Interest form completed by each author. Please ensure each Author adds any NIHR committee/board memberships to the form.
- A completed copy of the Editorial Criteria Checklist.
- An Order of authors form, agreed and signed by each author. Please ensure ALL authors are listed on the form in the order they appear on the title page. We can accept multiple forms as long as all author are listed on each copy. Please also ensure each author adds their ORCiDs.
- Completed CONSORT/PRISMA/STARD checklists (as appropriate).
- A completed Permissions checklist. If no permissions are required please tick n/a and submit the form.
- A CHEERS checklist for all reports that contain a substantial economic evaluation or cost effectiveness component.
- For HTA reports only – a completed CONSORT extension for abstracts.
Please also check that you have done the following before submitting your report:
- Ensured that the main body of your report adheres to the 50,000 word limit.
- Ensured that all references are in Vancouver format.
- Ensured that your scientific summary adheres to the 2,400 word limit and that it does not include references, tables or figures.
- Provided tables and figures in an editable format (not as embedded images) within the main body of the text and ensured they are numbered consecutively.
- Received and paid for permissions to reproduce figures, tables, web shots and so on.
- Included original files for forms, questionnaires and trial documentation to be included in the appendices or as standalone docs/ supplementary material.
Once you have completed all of the necessary forms, these should be submitted with your final report online.
To submit your final report, please login to the NETSCC MIS. Under the ‘My Tasks’ section, click to open ‘Submit Draft Final Report’, and follow the on-screen instructions. Please note that in order to successfully complete the task, you will need to submit an abstract/scientific summary and Editorial Criteria Checklist together with your final report. You should submit the report and appendices as a single document. You should also submit any supplementary material to be included on your project page on the Journals Library website using the file upload type ‘Final Report Supplementary Material’.
If the final protocol differs substantially from the original, please provide a list of the important or significant changes that were made, with a brief description of each, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This will assist the Scientific Editors when undertaking their review.
For PGfAR reports only - please note you should submit your final report in the manner prescribed by the Programme (NOT via the MIS). If in doubt please contact your Programme Manager.